Powered By Blogger

Friday 17 July 2015

End of Year 9

Today, I finished Year 9.
Year 9 has been one of my hardest years at school. Not because you get extra hard work, you pick your choices for GCSE, or the bitchiness from girls gets larger, but for the first time in my life, I got bullied.
I never thought that being bullied would be as difficult as I experienced. I got bullied twice, by the same girl (I'm not giving out names as that's unfair).
I got emotionally, mentally and physically bullied for a total of 4 months. I know many people would have probably been bullied longer, but that's 4 months of my life, ruined. 
If I didn't have all the amazing friends I've made this year, I would of been screwed. My friends were there for me when I found life most difficult. 

On top of the bullying I'd found out that my baby cousin (who has just turned two) had a tumour, luckily they were able to remove it, but then it turned into cancer (currently she's in America having treatment, as the treatment is unavailable in England). Not only was I being bullied, and thinking about my baby cousin constantly, I also worried about my mum (she has many illnesses, and it's scary to think that she could die whilst I'm at school). Even with all of this on my mind, this year, I learned that I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety (I have been to a doctor to confirm, I don't just assume I have it, but I know I do now).
Due to all of the worrying about my family and my bullying, I had exams.. Important exams, and from all of the stress and panick, I failed them. Although I failed my exams, I'm proud of how far I have come. I've never been a good student; I get distracted easy, and I struggle to stay concerntrated, and I'm so happy of the person I am.

Although it's been hard, I've had my amazing friends and teachers (mainly my head of year) to support me every step of he way, and I'm so grateful to have such great friends and teachers.
If I was to give 5 pieces of advice for year 9, it would be:
1) Work Hard
2) Don't Give Up
3) Revise
4) Don't Panic About Exams or Tests
5) Enjoy It

If anyone is going into year 9 very soon, good luck and have a great time

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment